The Use of Social Media in the Recruitment and Selection of Young Professionals in Pakistan

Abstract :

Abstract

The aim of the research is to examine the use of social media in recruitment of young professionals in Pakistan. The study consists of a dependent variable recruitment and selection and four independent variables as perceived costs, perceived risks, perceived opportunities and perceived benefits. The study was described by the four questions:  What and why perceived costs, perceived benefits, risks and opportunities are associated with the use of social media in recruitment of young professionals. A survey questionnaire was developed to conduct this study and the questions were included to address research purpose. Researcher sent questionnaire to 150 participants through email and by hand, out of which 106 being filled and send back, hence the response rate is 71%, the rest of 29% were not willing to fill the questionnaire.